Thursday, April 19, 2007

So what's all the rage?

So i grew up in this age of digital and electronic everything, but blogging is new to me. I figured that since my mom has moved away and my dad is on the road a lot now that i could atleast attempt to keep a blog to update them and the rest of our family on the everyday of our lives. I will do my very best to update the blog daily, but truthfully it will probably be more like 2-3 times per week...so stay tuned to see what happens in our lives next.

Eric & I just celebrated our five year wedding anniversary on April 16th. I still dont know where all the time has gone and how we've managed to reamin strong together after all this time. Technically we've been together since Eric was 17 and I was 15. In october of this year, we will have spend an entire decade lvoing each other. While i cant say that our life has always been peaches and cream, i do know that we are still very much in love. That in itself is a blessing after all the controversy and adversity we've faced in that time. Somehow, though, we've managed to keep on keeping on. He is amazing and i love him more everyday. He is a wonderful father to my two darling daughters and he tries his very best to keep them happy. The girls definetly have him wrapped around their tiny little pinkies though.... So thanks to my husband, for being my rock...and for forcing me to breathe into and out of that perpetual paper bag when i just didnt think i could do it anymore.

Currently, soccer is almost over for Syd and I. We have a game today and one more next monday, then its all over for now. I have to say that i have really enjoyed watching her learn the sport that i loved so much as a youngster. She's very good skill wise, just a tad bit timid on the field. I know, however, that she will outgrow that as she becomes more comfortable with the game and her own skills. And she's totally adorable in that glowing lime green uniform, so that's a nice little plus also. We were fortunate enough to end up with a great group of kids on our team. She has made friends, one of which i think she will probably never stop talking about. Little Annalee and Syd are like peanut butter and jelly...and they almost look like twins. We also have some kids, Jacob and Blake, that we already knew previously. Thankfully the boys' moms and I are friends, which makes my job much easier. While i've enjoyed this season tremendously, the jury is still out on whether i will volunteer to coach again in the fall. We're just so busy and with Gracie being almost 1 yr. old, I have had to go to extra trouble getting (and keeping) someone to watch her two days a week while we had practice and games all season. There was just no way i could have taught/coached kids and lugged her chunky tookus around on my hip. Ashley has been a great help with this, often coming along to the field with us on gamedays when its actually warm enough outside to bring her. Other times, she just stays home with her.

Grace Face is growing like mad. She's almost a year old now...again, where did the time go? She is walking and tries to talk with the best of them. She has a vocabulary that i would think is about 10-15 words right now. I'm greeted every afternoon when i come dragging in from work with a joyful, "Hey," and a wave, and she gives the bye-bye & wave like a champ. She also has most recently said her own name while i was holding her infront of our entranceway mirror the other day. I was shocked! Commonly heard things from her are 'Noooooo', 'Dooooog', Mama & Dada, bite-bite, ba-ba (bottle) and more. She tries to say syd & sissy, kitty, sunshine (my mom), and a host of other words. We're about to try and take her off her bottle (sad, i know) and are slowly introducing whole milk to her. Oh yeah, and we're still trying to convince her to sleep thru the night....it shall happen someday, right?

I've been staying really busy with my home grown company, Creative Expressions. I make custom invitations/announcements/cards, etc and unbelievably, this thing has really taken off. I'm feeling very blessed for the success i've found in my graphic design abilities. Just for kicks, here is my newest (and now most favorite) one i've done lately-And congrats to our friends Melissa & Ken on the birth of their son.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay, well that's it for now. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Staci said...

Yay! I'm so glad you joined the blogging world!

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

Yeah Jess you've been sucked into the blogging journey!
-Sapphire

Jamie said...

So great to have you blogging as well. I look forward to adding you to my daily list of blogs I read!

Anonymous said...

don't tell me I'm gonna start blogging!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL. I'M PROUD OF YOUR FAMILY ALSO NANA