Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Weekend-FINALLY

So yea...i figured that every day blogging thing wouldn't last. I should have known better than to even think it was possible, LOL! Anyhoo, its finally the weekend. I was thinking it may never get here. Boy do i need some time off work....to clear my head. I have to admit that i'm getting sooooo tired of working for a 'certain unnamed company'. Between the full time and doing my graphic design i'm feeling so much pressure to work all the time, day & night, with very little concern for my own health and sanity-not good, I know. I have finally made it thru my list of 'must-do's' for this week last night, so that's a plus. Now i can just worry about printing for all those people and getting them out...and maybe even enjoy my weekend with the family. There is a extreme feeling of satisfaction though, to know that you had your feet to the fire and somehow you walked those hot coals successfully with out a single burn. I knew starting this business would be stressful, demanding, and probably way too much work for me to handle on the realistic side of things, but if feels so nice to know that I can do this. I can make it work and hopefully someday i'll be able to be my own boss....no longer answering to people who sometimes treat me like a uneducated blob with no feelings or understanding of what 'business' is about. We'll they'll see.... and while i'm not sure if they know that i do this on the side or not, that is a really insignifigant thought to me... because really i dont care if they know. They will know soon enough i suppose, if they dont already.

On to happier things...the fair is in town....whooooopie, i know. I do remember being a kid though when it was a big deal. I remember doing all the same things to mom that syd has done to me this week aching just to get a glimpse at the traveling trailer park. We've told her all week that if she were good until today that we would take her to the fair. So now its 'D Day' and i guess we're all heading out to the fair later. Angie took both of the girls yesterday for a little while while i was at work. Boy those girls were wired when they got home. I've never seen gracie so happy, really. She was playful and talkative, and all out hyperactive....and bedtime was a challenge. I guess the atmosphere of loud noise, crowds, etc just got her so stimulated. Syd came in pretty tightly wound herself...so today should be more of the same i'm sure.

Thursday's soccer game was pretty good too. I don't think we've had that much fun at a game yet. All the kiddos were there and they were all working so hard and we actually ended in a tie! The parents were cheering on both sides and I felt so much pride in the kids when it was all said and done. I might actually miss all this come next thursday when i'm here doing dishes and cooking dinner instead of being at the game. Monday is the last one... :( I also finally got the soccer party scheduled yesterday...we're having it at the jump zone next saturday morning. Should be a blast. We get 1 hr playtime and a party room. We've split the food items up equally and my job is cake & paper goods for the kids to eat on. Need to make a run to Party City sometime today to take care of that. And i need to order the cake, as granny can not do it this time. Looks like it will be a walmart cake....but its cake none, the less. You can believe i wont be complaining...lol. Oh and i did an invite to give out to the kids monday night with the party info on it, because we've really not discussed it much with them yet. I think they'll be excited.... Here's the invite, i think blogger cut off the far right edge, but you get the drift:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay...so i'm out of thoughts... and i need to get my personals done for my bbc girls...they probably think i've forgotten about them by now. I've been a terrible poster this week. Just too busy. (Better next week, girls, promise!)

1 comment:

Staci said...

With the way your business is booming...you'll be your own boss before ya know it!